Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Godfather
By Mario Puzo

4.5 our of 5

It has been so long since I have posted a review, but I'm back and ready to get reading!


This book is a classic, so I'm not sure how much description is needed, but here goes. The Godfather is the story of the Corleone family, one of the major mob families in New York City. Through out the book, the family deals with highs, lows, deception, betrayals, deaths, loves, and everything else in between.

This  semester has literally been the semester where it took me forever to read anything. But I have finally finished the Godfather, and I must admit, it was worth it. I, of course, have seen the movie and knew the story, but the book is always better, and I had heard that this is a great book, so when I left the country for four months, I took the book with me.


The characters were vivacious and gripping, the twists and turns in the story engaging and thrilling, while sometimes also being unexpected and frustrating. In a book there is so much more time to explore characters and story lines so the reader gets a much more in depth picture of the Corleones and their lives.


This is a book that everyone should read. It is a classic, that will never go out of style, and is a great story, for wherever you are in your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment